Review: Human Nature 100% Natural Premium Deodorant
It has been a while since I reviewed a natural deodorant. In fact, the last one I reviewed made it into Kat’s 5 Worst Products Reviewed for 2012. But that was last year.
It is a new year now. To start on a clean slate, Human Nature’s 100% natural premium deodorant is exactly the kind of deodorant I was looking for.
I’ll be honest to say that I have had this deodorant for a while, and I was not too excited about it at first. I felt it was a little too watery for my liking. But I did love it’s powdery baby fresh scent. So I gave it time, and continued to use it. After a while, this Powder Fresh 100% natural deodorant really started to grow on me.
Now, it is one of my body care essentials before going out. I’ll tell you why.
1. Powder Fresh scent. The scent of baby powder is strong. And I love it. Made with natural extracts and oils, this scent is a big difference from the usual synthetic floral scents most women’s deodorant carry. I don’t like anything too sharp to the nose, or too girly-scented. This scent is perfect – fresh, clean and neutral.
2. Keeps dry. While I did mention that I initially felt it comes off too watery, I figured out a little trick. It is inevitable that on the first initial roll, the rolled on deodorant liquid does feel like water on my armpits. But if I air out for a minute or two (best in front of a fan or just air-dry), the liquid starts to dry. From this point onwards, I can bring my hands down, close my armpits and all is good. Don’t be surprised while you are out and about in the day to get a whiff of baby powder once in a while.
3. No stains. Being translucent, this deodorant does not seem to react to sweat leaving a yellowish stain behind, or give residue rolls. What I mean by this is, I have used deodorant cream sticks before that, once you put your hand down and go about your day, it starts to form creamy residue rolls in the armpit folds of the skin. Not a pleasant sight. Nobody wants to see white creamy streaks on your armpits!
4. Long staying power. The label says ‘longer odor protection‘. I agree. It keeps my skin smelling baby fresh all day long.
5. No parabens. No aluminum salts. The 2 most harmful (yet common) ingredients in all commercial deodorants. Parabens and aluminum are applied to skin to effectively close pores and stop sweat. But it comes with health risks from neuro-toxicity to reproductive problems.
Women who frequently use deodorant have a high chance of paraben and aluminum build-up. Studies have shown that the use of deodorants/anti-antiperspirants can potentially lead to breast cancer (as the underarm is area closest to breasts).
However, there are safer and natural alternatives like this deodorant that is 100% free of chemicals. Brand-aside, this is exactly the reason every woman (who uses deodorants/anti-antiperspirants) should be switching to a natural alternative. Read Toxicology of Personal Care Products.
Human Nature’s 100% natural premium deodorant is a great first step. It is easy to use and super affordable. While I don’t use mine everyday, my bottle has lasted more than three months.
Online price: S$6.90 per 50ml bottle.
To purchase or find out more about this 100% natural deodorant, go to Human Nature’s online shop here.