Review: Origins Starting Over
I used to be a big fan of gel moisturizers, and love its cool and refreshing sensation on my skin. Gel moisturizers absorb quickly into the skin as well.
But lately, gel moisturizers are not good enough. I found myself waking up to dry and dehydrated-looking skin. I have also noticed occasional patches of fine dry flakes of skin around the corners of my mouth and nose. Perhaps it is the crazy hot humid weather in Singapore. Perhaps I am getting older. Whatever it is, I needed a stronger moisturizer.
So, I switched to Origins. I knew Origins is a brand that creates fabulous natural skincare products using organic ingredients, potent plant extracts and 100% natural essential oils. Not to mention, the company has a commitment to protect the planet, and engages in animal-friendly practices.
Always picking the best-selling product to try, I began using Starting Over – their age-erasing moisturizer with Mimosa. Not the champagne orange juice cocktail, this Mimosa is a silk tree with pink flowers and long silky stamens. Mexican Mayans used to roast Mimosa bark to treat skin lesions for thousands of years. Today, research labs around the world claim Mimosa bark has powerful properties that helps rejuvenate skin.
This moisturizer, suitable for all skin types, also contains Argan leaf (read more about Argan) and green algae to help build collagen, repair visible lines, and improve skin texture and tone.
After using this moisturizer for about three weeks, I ♥ it! For many reasons:
1. Packaging. It comes in a plastic jar. Being naturally clumsy and prone to accidents, I don’t like handling heavy glass jars.
2. Smells good. It has a pleasantly light citrus scent.
3. Super absorbing power and light texture. It is creamy enough to absorb easily keeping the skin plump and soft, yet it does not leave the skin with an ‘oily’ layer. I would say it is more of a ‘light’ cream, rather than a ‘heavy-bodied’ cream.
4. Smooth complexion. I have not experienced any breakouts since using this moisturizer
5. Skin is hydrated. I have noticed my complexion is silkier and brighter. I do not wake up with the dry and dehydrated feeling anymore despite sleeping with the air-conditioning running on all night.
I would buy this moisturizer again. Origins has openly claimed that 94% of users saw a significant reduction in lines and wrinkles.
I can safely say…that it is probably true.