Eco-Wrapped Gifts I Received This Christmas
This is my stash of Christmas presents, and the different variations of eco-wrapping:
- Blank A5 white envelope, gift-tagged with a large colourful-printed heavy-weighted art paper taken off the side of a folder
- Reusable fancy sheer organza bag
- Japanese matte rice-paper
- Magazine pages folded and taped into pretty little pouches
- Mail parcel bubble-wrapped envelope
- Newspaper (Read Eco-Crafts: How to Wrap Your Gifts in Newspaper)
- Old travel flight map
This flight map wrapping paper was wrapped in such a way that it showcased the Californian coast…interesting.
I have to admit…I did wrap some of my earlier gifts this year in shiny fancy Christmas presents. Especially ones for the kids. I mean, how do you explain to a 5 year-old girl that a black & white newspaper wrapped present sitting at the base of a Christmas tree, can be just as exciting as a present in pretty, shiny wrapping paper with flashy glitters?
Terribly eco-unfriendly (read 10 Green Ways to Wrap Gifts), I know.
In 2013, I am going 100% eco with my wrapping material.
I realised the trick in eco-gift wrapping is actually in the accessories!